If you are new to Trenton or are just looking for a place to worship, then we welcome you to come join us at Trenton United Methodist Church.
Sunday worship begins each Sunday morning at 10:00 in the large sanctuary. The choir and/or special musicians provide music for our services. Our services focus on liturgy, music, worship and preaching.
Children’s worship is offered during the morning service following our special “Children’s Time”. Children’s Worship is separated into two age groups: Group 1 is provided for children 4 years of age through 1st grade. Group 2 is designed for children 2nd grade through 5th grade. A nursery is available for children under 4 years.
• Parking - Parking is available in several locations near the church. The largest parking lot is situated on the east side of the church.
• Dress - Clothing choices at Trenton United vary with each individual, and on a typical Sunday morning can range from ”Sunday best” to jeans. All are welcome in the House of the Lord!
• Nursery - A nursery is available for infants and toddlers up to age 4. A professional nursery worker and additional volunteers staff the nursery each Sunday. The church uses a personal paging system to keep you informed.
Seasonal services are offered throughout the year to observe the high Holy Days of the Christian year, primarily during Advent & Lent.
I will praise you, O Lord, Among the Nations, I will sing of you among the peoples.
Psalm 108:2 – 4
We endeavor to use music to generate excitement, beauty, and inspiration in the services of worship. TUMC offers several ways to express praise to the Lord through music. These include opportunities for:
• TUMC Choir- The choir is led by our Choir Director, Russell Brown, and sings each Sunday during the worship service. The choir rehearses on Sunday evenings at 4:00PM and is always looking to add voices. Membership is open (no auditions needed) throughout the year.
• Solos and ensembles (instrumental/vocal)
• Adult Choir Chime choir
• Little Mini’s liturgical dance group
• Drama (Dramatic Disciples)
• Seasonal instrumental small groups
Questions about the music program should be voiced directly to any of the members of the Worship Triad, Dottie Abercrombe, Tabitha Ryan or Heather Chance.
Opportunities to Volunteer
It takes many volunteers to lead our weekly worship services each Sunday morning. Volunteer opportunities exist for greeter, ushers, liturgists, acolytes, singers, bell ringers, storytellers, lay speakers and media operators. For more information contact the Worship Triad.